Looking to create a YouTube channel? We put together the perfect YouTube starter kit; consisting of the best hardware tech products and software, to help get you started on your YouTube career. The products in this starter kit have been carefully chosen to support the creation of high quality YouTube videos.
1. Microphone – Blue Snowball
Blue microphones are rated as the best money value USB microphones , for low budget individuals looking for a high quality but cheap solution. The blue snowball offers crystal-clear sound quality for communication, creation and recording. It works automatically with the Mac or PC, and there is no driver required meaning it is a USB microphone with plug & play functionality. This microphone is simple & easy to use, and is a perfect starter YouTube microphone. Anyone with an interest in tech would know about the Blue Snowball, a must have product on our YouTube starter kit.
- High quality audio recording for videos or live streams.
- Improves the sound quality for applications such as Skype, FaceTime and Twitch
- Add crystal clear audio track recordings to YouTube and other platforms.
- Easy Plug & Play feature for your Mac or PC: do not need any drivers for installation.
2. Webcam – Logitech C920
Logitech is one of the most reliable companies that produce some of the best desktop appliances such as keyboards, mice, microphones, and webcams. The C920 webcam is the most recommended webcam for all uses such as content creation, streaming, and even Skype calling. You can now record faster, smoother video and better image quality with less demand on your computer thanks to H.264 encoding, making it more eye appealing to your viewers. The webcam comes with a simple to use software to record and capture moments.
- Full HD 1080p video calling on Skype and other applications
- Record in widescreen Full HD 1080p at 30 frames-per-second
- Versatile clip with rubberized bumpers helps hold the webcam securely in place on a monitor, laptop, or tripod
- High Speed USB 2.0 certified (USB 3.0 ready)
- 20-step auto focus making it more responsive, more sensitive and more intelligent
3. Mouse – Razer DeathAdder Gaming Mouse
Razer is one of the most well established gaming companies in the world. They produce gaming products such as laptops, mice, keyboards, and more. They have built their reputation to the max, sponsoring many of the outstanding YouTubers such as, Syndicate, SSniperwolf, and Whiteboy7thst. This mouse is equipped with one of the worlds most advanced optical sensors for the best gaming experience. Razer has massive brand awareness due to their high quality gaming tech. Most Youtubers own or have owned Razer products before, making them a very respectable company. We could easily make a Razer starter kit with the amount of products they produce.
- 7 Independently programmable response buttons
- Razer Chroma lighting with 16.8 million customizable colour options
- 1000 Hz ultrapolling
- Easily accessible sensitivity adjustment
- Seven-foot lightweight braided fiber cable
4. Mouse Pad – SteelSeries QcK Mouse Pad
SteelSeries is another upcoming brand that provides steady, reliable equipment for all uses, whether its gaming, video editing, casual use, etc. The SteelSeries QcK mousepad implements a durable rubber base to reduce sliding, and a smooth cloth surface to diminish any lag. This mouse pad is cheap & reliable, and a must have piece for your YouTube kit, for any new YouTuber or gamer.
- Size – 320 x 270 x 2mm
- Compatible with all mice
- Adaptable smooth cloth surface
- Stable rubber base
5. Keyboard – Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
Yet again Razer makes its way into our Youtuber Starter Kit. The Blackwidow comes in the original black colourway with either a green back-light or a chroma back-light that is fully customizable by the user. To view the Razer Blackwidow Chroma, Click Here. The Blackwidow series is a great keyboard if you are a fan of mechanical keyboards. Although some may find the clicking rather annoying, others find it fairly satisfying. This keyboard features extra macros (keys) on the left hand side, allowing you to assign different tasks for each key.
- 1000 Hz Ultrapolling
- Individually backlit keys with Dynamic lighting effects (Original BlackWidow is limited to effects such as pulsing and dimming)
- Fully programmable keys
- 5 Additional macro keys
- Audio-out/mic-in jacks
- Braided fiber cable
- Dimensions – 18.72″ x 6.74″ x 0.79″
6. Monitor – BenQ 24-Inch LED Monitor (GL2460HM)
BenQ is known as one of the most popular monitor producers in the market. They provide high quality monitors for any sort of use for a reasonable price, depending on the features and the size of the monitor. With this 24″ BenQ monitor, you can comfortably edit and work on your content, with crystal clear HD quality.
- Screen size – 24″
- Response time – 2 ms
- Contrast ratio – 100:01:00
- Full HD 1080p 16:9 for visual perfection
- HDMI multimedia interface
- 12M : 1 dynamic contrast ratio for colour, depth and definition
7. Headset – Logitech G430
Logitech makes its way back on our starter kit with their well designed G430 headset. The G430 has been recommended by countless Youtubers. This headset provides full Dolby 7.1 surround sound, so users can experience an immersive 360 degree soundfield. Although the G430’s are wired, they provide pristine sound quality so you can enjoy yourself while editing or listening to music. This headset also comes with a foldable, noise-canceling mic that provides decent quality for its price. To see a quality test for the mic, Click Here.
- Dolby Headphone 7.1 Surround Sound Audio
- Lay-Flat Earpieces
- Cloth Ear Cups
- Lightweight Design For Maximum Comfort
- Folding Noise-Cancelling Mic
- Full-Speed All-Digital USB
8. Console Recorder – Elgato
The Elgato has been around since day 1, providing reliable HD game capturing for games ever since the first Xbox was released. Since then Elgato have been adapting their software to the newer platforms such as PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. This allows the user to record in 1080p, at 60 FPS. It is easy to setup and includes software that is very user friendly. With the famous flashback recording, this allows the user to go back to whatever point in the timeline and record any part they want. For anyone who plans to create YouTube gaming content, this Elgato is a must have for your starter kit. Elgato is the most used gaming recording device.
- Dimensions – 4.4x3x0.75″
- USB 3.0
- Max 40 Mbps Bitrate
- 1080p quality at 60 fps
- Flashback Recording
9. Vlogging Camera – Nikon D3400
The Nikon D3400 is a great starter vlogging camera if you are trying to start your own YouTube channel. Nikon provides high quality cameras, ranging from all kinds of price ranges. Although this camera does not have the same quality as a $1000 camera, it still has quite a clean picture for its price. To see a quality test for this camera, Click Here. We chose and affordable camera for our YouTube starter kit, as we know new youtubers can’t afford thousands of pounds for their setups.
- 24.7 MP DX-format image sensor with no optical low-pass filter for breathtaking image quality
- 3″ Integrated LCD display For Easy View
- Always connected with Nikon SnapBridge and a compatible smartphone or tablet
- Compact, lightweight and very easy to use
- Full HD 1080p, 60 FPS video recording
10. Camera Equipment – Everything You Need (Bundle)
This is a great bundle of camera equipment that provides everything you need for your DSLR camera. This is an entire starter kit on its own. You’ll be able to create a wide range of YouTube videos with this, whether its car edits, cinematography, etc.
- 64GB SD Memory Card, High Speed Card Reader, Memory Card Wallet, 0.43x Wide Angle Lens, 2.2x Telephoto Lens, 4 Piece Macro Close-Up Lenses Kit, 3 Piece Filter Kit, 6 Piece Color Filter Kit, 72″ Tripod, Wireless Remote For Nikon, Slave Flash, Soft Flash Diffuser, Wrist Strap, Lens Cap Keeper, Medium Carrying Case, 2 Extended Life Replacement Battery (EN-EL14A), Charger for EN-EL14A + LED Light, Shoulder Mount Stabilizer, Mini Condenser Microphone, Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
11. Camera Tripod
Great sturdy tripod that fits the Nikon D3400 perfectly, will fit all new cameras. Perfect when out shooting videos, a required piece of equipment for any Youtuber and a must have on our starter pack list. If you have a camera it is recommended you get a tripod which is why we included it in our YouTube Starter Kit.
- 75″ Height-Collapses to 27″
- Lightweight and Compact Design
- Includes carrying case for easy transportation
- Foam padded alloy legs
12. Camera Stabilizer
Firm, comfortable DSLR stabalizer that helps you get better shots, whether its for cinematics, sharp car angles, etc. Another cheap camera accessory that had to make it into our YouTube starter kit, this will dramatically increase the quality of the footage you record as it stabilises your recordings. No more shaky vlogs. Depending on that type of footage you are recording you may or may not need this stabiliser, if you was filming skateboarding videos on a budget you would for example. So either way we put this on our YouTube starter kit due to it being a cheap accessory that can be helpful when filming.
- Firm grip
- Triple hot-shoe mounts allowing lighting attachments, microphones, etc.
- Great for any shots where stability is essential
13. Camera Carrying Bag
Perfect traveling pouch for the Nikon D3400 and countless other models. This bag includes several small pockets for accessories such as cables and filters. Perfect for keeping your camera equipment safe and secure.
- Dimensions 180mm x H: 230mm x D: 110mm
- Perfect Traveling Bag
- Comfortable Arm Strap For Easy Carrying
14. Camera Microphone – Rode VideoMic GO
Now the rode VideoMic GO had to make it onto our youtube starter kit. This is a great quality mic for all cameras, it can even be used a desk microphone if you set it up correctly. It provides crystal clear audio, with a very lightweight design. The microphone is a simple plug and play recorder. Rode is similar to Blue, as both brands produce high quality microphones at affordable prices. Making them perfect for this YouTube starter kit as they are affordable. Adaptors will be required for different types of cameras.
- Lightweight design at only 73mg.
- No Battery necessary.
- Simply point and shoot.
- Directional recording (shotgun) focuses on audio the mic is directed at, suppressing the surrounding noise.
- 3.5mm male jack.
Photoshop is very useful when you are beginning your Youtube channel. This software allows you to edit and create images which allows you to create thumbnails for your uploads. These thumbnails can make your video appearance more appealing, leading to more clicks on your video. Although many do not approve of this method, but many create Click Bait thumbnails using Photoshop to catch the viewer’s attention. It’s safe to say everyone knows about Photoshop, therefore it had to go on our YouTube starter kit list.
- Thumbnail Creation
- Photo editing
OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) allows users to easily record, and stream their desktop screen with the click of a button. Open Broadcaster Softwware is one of the most recommended screen recorders, providing immaculate recordings for your viewers. This program is very popular for Twitch streamers, highly recommend for any YouTuber creating gaming content or any footage that needs to be captured on a PC. Due to its easy to use interface and being FREE we had to put OBS on our YouTube starter kit. DOWNLOAD LINK
- Screen recording
- Streaming desktop screen
Audacity is a simple voice recording software that allows users to easily record their voices clearly and add any sort of effects if desired. Very simple to download and use. DOWNLOAD LINK
- Voice recording.
- Apply effects to recordings.
- Background noise reduction.
Sony Vegas is the most used video editing software out there. With its simple interface, you are able to edit your videos how ever you want, with also having access to the video/audio many effects provided. HOW TO DOWNLOAD
- Video Editing
- Apply Effects To Video and Audio Recordings
- Large Library of effects
Lightshot is a simple program that allows you to screenshot any section of your screen with the click of a button. Then, once capturing this image, you are capable of drawing, highlighting, and typing on the selected area. This program allows you to capture photos for your video if you are doing a review on a product, or just want to capture something and feature it in your video. DOWNLOAD LINK
- Screen Capturing (Screenshotting)
- Apply drawings and other effects onto images